When embarking on a new adventure, it is always recommendable to check with someone who knows the ropes. I found this article a while ago and really liked it a lot. Straightforward, simple, potent. I needed to share it:
These are my favorite 10 tips:
8. Go outside & shoot photos rather than spending hours a day on photography forums.
9. Capture the beauty in the mundane and you have a winning photograph.
28. The more photos you take, the better you get.
42. Find your style of photography and stick with it.
45. Carry your camera with you everywhere. Everywhere.
51. Print out your photos big. They will make you happy.
52. Give your photos to friends.
65. It is always better to underexpose than overexpose.
74. In terms of composition, photography and painting aren’t much different.
76. Make photos, not excuses.
And the 3 golden rules are at the end:
95. You will discover a lot about yourself through your photography.
96. Never hoard your photographic insight- share it with the world.
97. Never stop taking photos
Now close this window, get your camera, take tons of pics, choose the best one, and share them with at least one person.
Today, I choose this one (Lisbon, 2006)