A couple of days ago, I mentioned that M, Teresa’s guinea pig (and well, mine too, let’s be honest) got ringworm around her right eye. I also mentioned that we tried different solutions to prevent her from worsening her wound and failed categorically. In this picture, you can see the “solutions” we came up with: we cut the top of a plastic bottle to make a cone and put some cotton inside; we bought a vest for guinea pigs; we cut the heel of a sock to use it as a hood; we also bought rubber boots for small dogs to cover her back leg; and finally we made a woolen-thread collar and inserted some of the rubber boots to create a sort of shield for her face. They were very creative and made a lot of sense… Did they work? Well, did I say we were… unsuccessful?
Obviously, the vet had a better idea and, especially, the appropriate materials to make it actually work. She covered M’s leg with a special bandage and then put some tape on it to prevent M from taking the “booty” off. Kind of our fourth plan but much more effective. And this is what we got:
The red booty only lasted for three days though not because M was able to take it off but rather because she looked very unhappy and uncomfy wearing it. The good news is that her wound appears to be healing progressively so she may not need another boot from now on!
H, of course, was super jealous because of all the attention we were paying to M so she asked for her own photo:
If you want to read more about H&M, you should check The Adventures of H&M out then!…